Fiscal Year 2023 – The Suzuki Foundation’s Program for Supporting Invited Foreign Researchers
Guidelines for Applications October 1st , 2022 Suzuki Foundation
- This Program is aimed at supporting research activities of foreign researchers to whom “Agreement on Academic exchange program between Budapest University of Technology and Economics and Shizuoka University” is applicable. The objectives of this program are to improve levels of academic/research activities and to further the mutual understanding as well as the international research exchange.
- Researchers including professors, associate professors, lecturers, assistant professors, post-doctoral fellows, or graduate students in the fields of natural science such as electronic, electric, mechanical, information engineering.
- Those who are accepted in Shizuoka University in accordance with “Agreement on Academic exchange between Budapest University of Technology and Economics and Shizuoka University”.
- Those who return to their home universities immediately after completion of the periods of stay in Japan as prescribed by the relevant agreement.
Period of Stay and Arrival in Japan
- The period of stay shall be for a period of at least six months and shall not exceed one year.
- Applications shall be accepted from foreign researchers who plan to leave for Japan after April 1st, 2023.
Allowances to be provided
Allowance provided to invited foreign researcher. (He/She/They can take accompanying persons, but the Foundation shall not bear the cost of these persons.)
Travel expense: A round-trip air ticket is provided.
Living expenses: Professors and other professional teachers; Up to \300,000 per month．
（Graduate Student; Up to \200,000 per month）
Other expenses: Research expenses incurred in Japan, accommodation-related supplementary allowance, and initial temporary allowance.
From October 1st, 2022 to November 30th, 2022
Selection and Notification of Decision
The Foundation will review all applications submitted and will notify the heads of the applying institutions of its decision in writing in the end of December, 2022. The Foundation will forward an invitation directly to the invited researcher through his/her/their home university.
Obligations to report
The researcher will be required to report the progress and results of his/her/their research activities during his/her/their stay in Japan (in the format as separately prescribed). The Foundation may request that the researcher make presentations in Japan on the achievements of his/her/their research activities.