The international online winter school on “Architecture and the city after the pandemic”, will be held from 8th to 13rd February 2021 at the Azerbaijan University of Architecture and Construction in Baku.
The Winter school is free of charge and will held on platform ZOOM.
Today’s expectation of changes in overcoming the consequences of the pandemic is also associated with the organization of the architectural environment, which must meet modern environmental challenges, must be aimed at overcoming and developing new technologies to protect the population.
Having touched upon this important topic, the organizers are holding a student competition (workshop) on the topic “International Solidarity Center” within the framework of the winter school.
In architecture, design of the architectural environment and urban planning during the pandemic, there have been some ways of approaching the implementation of design solutions: designing and shaping architecture based on the principles of protecting people in the urban environment, including all types of public spaces, including transport. Proceeding from this, the territory in the south-west of the seaside part of Baku, the so-called Shikhova Kosa, was selected for the project proposal. The presence of a steep relief, jutting deep into the sea bay, will provide the participants with a creative solution to the draft design.
Requirements for the project proposal:
• Project proposals in a pandemic require the creation of specialized facilities, as well as new engineering solutions.
• Futuristic approach to the cities of the future
• New social and cultural ties in the urban environment
• Nature and environmental protection is the basis for the formation of the urban environment
• Technical development of the project idea – manual or electronic graphics (depending on the student)
• Projects will be submitted in JPEG, A1
• Park and walking areas
• Open, closed or partially closed spaces for social rehabilitation, cultural communication, food.
For the application form click here, fill in and send back till 3rd February. After the application form, they will share with you the program.